I know we all have a great time at dance and Jill and I are so thankful to you all for coming out every week, but we have a problem… despite our number of attendees, Fast Eddie’s isn’t making money on us. This happens a lot with dancers because we need to hydrate (water) and typically don’t want to hinder our dancing by drinking too much. However, Fast Eddie’s provides country night free of charge in the hopes that we’ll buy some beers and some food and make it profitable for them. After all, they ARE a business.
I know a lot of you do buy drinks and food when you come out and we thank you for that! However, if you’re not a drinker, bring a friend who is (you can be their DD!). Fast Eddie’s has GREAT happy hour specials until 9:00 (most places cut off at 7! Neds did!). If you don’t drink, try having dinner there or get a late night snack. Basically, we need to show Fast Eddie’s that we’re worth offering free country night to!
Think of all we’ve got (and all they’ve provided) when you come out next:
- Free lessons (many places charge ~$5 for lessons) with DJ Jill until 12:30
- No cover charge (again, many places do charge covers even on weekdays)
- Free water (I know this sounds odd, but Thursday nights at FEs, you have to buy bottled water… they went to this because people weren’t tipping for water or buying anything else)
- Happy hour until 9:00 ($1.25 domestic beers until the end of lessons! YAY!)
- Food specials (I hear their pizzas and wings are really good!)
- Dance floor built for line dancers (I know it’s not wood, but they did put it in with the line dance crowd in mind).
- Mechanical Bull (free ride on your birthday!)
- No smoking (you asked for it, and they provided it! Thursday night dancers still have smoking. FEs lost their regular bar crowd on Tuesdays due to this too, so let’s make up the difference.)
- Free darts upstairs (you can still listen to the music!)
- Pool downstairs
- Arcade games (basketball, boxing, etc) all around
I know the economy is rough on everyone right now, but when you think next about where you’re going to spend a few bucks for a night out, please keep this in mind. We love having you all and hope you’ll continue to support what you love!